Thursday 4 February 2016

King For a Day















If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel out the blur of words.
I'd make us speak in rhythm,
Communicate with our emotion,
And think from our hearts.

If I were in charge of the world
There'd be no blood shed or conflict.
A paradise with fountains
And free nachos.

If I were in charge of the world 
You wouldn't have hate.
You wouldn't have disease.
You wouldn't have poverty.
Or "it's a dog eat dog world."
You wouldn't even have sadness.

If I were in charge of the world
A kind letter, a handshake, a hug, 
Or even a smile would be a vegetable.
All altercations would be tickle fights.
And a person who sometimes forgot to say please,
And sometimes forgot to cover their mouth when they sneeze,
Would still be allowed to be
In charge of the world.

1 comment:

  1. I like that your paradise includes fountains...they do make the most mundane day or place a bit more magical, don't they? I am imagining us all speaking in rhythm, the way you will be at POL tonight! Looking forward to it...

    ReplyDelete