Friday 1 April 2016

Real Life Questions


1. Should people write about what they know? I think that they should, yes. On the same note, I don't think you have to be good at something to be good at teaching someone else about it. For example, not every coach could participate in the sport they represent, but a lot of them are damn good. I think that having the ability to help somebody else with something you struggle with is a valuable skill, worthy of martyrdom.
3. Would I ever write for a newspaper? I have heavily considered it as a career. I really enjoy researching, informing, and upholding my opinions in respectable ways. Although it is dying, I think that the newspaper industry is one of the most valuable sources of information that we have. I feel as though I could contribute positively to both the knowledge and well-being of the people around me if I were involved in such activities.
9. What makes someone a "hottie" to me? That is the loadedest of the loaded questions. I can't say that I prefer beautiful women because then I am in some capacity a misogynist, yet if I mention that I like intelligent women I am being pretentious about my own intelligence. Nonetheless, that is my preference: somebody that I consider to be beautiful and intelligent. I also believe that everybody is beautiful to somebody. Tastes are different with everyone.
14. Is there a such thing as true love? I believe wholeheartedly that true love exists, just not in the traditional sense. I believe that there are individuals in which exists an imperceptible connection that trumps even the most perfect matches. I'm sure that somewhere someone has an equation to calculate that kind of stuff, but I really don't think that there is only one of these individuals per person. We all have multiple opportunities for true love.
22. Is life full of disappointment? How do I deal with it? The short answer is yes. Life is full of failures and disappointments and generally shitty scenarios, but what keeps me going is knowing that it gets better. At some point I get to lie down and sleep. At some point I get to relax and reflect and learn from what has happened. Don't get me wrong, I get pretty depressed from time to time, but I've discovered that not fighting is the only way to stay sad.
26. "Love isn't a feeling. It's an ability." Is this true? You know, I think so. To love someone isn't just the butterflies when you see them looking pretty. It is also the burning in your stomach you feel when they get hurt. It is the sick feeling you get when they are gone. It is the will to take care of them when they need you. Having the ability to love someone is having the ability the brunt of life's hardships for someone else to keep them at your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment